I don’t even remember how I worked myself into this, but I do know it was a long time ago while still living in Chicago. It’s ridiculously easy and has ingredients one would never think of putting together. But, for some reason my mind just went there and tried it. It took a few tries, but I finally felt I had it right. Thats why I call it “Crazy”. It has become a family favorite.
- 2 pounds ground beef (this is the only time I use 85% lean) – You can also use a mixture of beef and pork
- 1 package stove top stuffing – at the end of the day it doesn’t matter which one, but maybe start with sage
- 1 15 – 16 oz can of diced tomatoes (with or without additional spices i.e. garlic)
- 1 egg beaten
- !/2 small onion diced (optional)
- 2 pound meatloaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the ground meat, package of stove top stuffing, can diced tomatoes (with juices) and egg. Add the onion now if preferred. Be sure to mix thoroughly – yes – wash your hands and dig in!
- Fill the 2 pound meatloaf pan with the mixture and be sure to spread evenly
- Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes
- Remove from oven, spread ketchup all over (not necessarily too thick) but enough
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until meat is done
- DONE – Crazy Good!
ANYWAY YOU WANT IT TIP: I like to use the meatloaf pans that have the strainer insert so the meat is not sitting in grease, but whatever works. You can also use leaner ground meat. Feel free to add diced peppers. Goes great with everything….veggies, mashed potatoes, baked potato, mac ‘n cheese…let your imagination run wild! This probably does not call for a Diet Coke side.