This recipe borders on the ridiculous easy peasy. The best part is that your friends will think you slaved and slaved over making these or that you ordered from a caterer. Keep it YOUR secret. Delish!
- 1 “small” package whole white mushrooms
- 3 oz. package cream cheese – softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Tabasco, Cholulah….or your fav hot sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove stems from mushrooms & clean the mushrooms – set aside to dry
- You guessed it….mix all but hot sauce together – be thorough!
- Add 1 – 2 “quick” shots of hot sauce (remember you can always add)
- Stuff mushrooms with your amazingly savory cream cheese mixture
- Place ‘shrooms on cookie sheet (preferred with side edges) and heat until cream cheese is clearly heated through and slightly browned on top as are ‘shrooms
ANYWAY YOU WANT IT TIP:
Play with the specific quantities per individual recipe. You can always double and triple+ the quantity based on the crowd you are serving. Try adding diced green onions or any option that gives it your touch. Additional possibilities: trade out parmesan for asiago or any shredded cheese you like.
I tend to slightly overdo the cheese a tad because I can.