This is one of my absolute proudest concoctions. It not only is incredibly good, but no one else has this recipe. I was making potato salad for a block party and also made the Creamy Spicy Dip. Just so happens I had an inspiration or a brain speed bump, but threw portions of the 2 together. OH MY – that nailed it! I will never make another potato salad without the combo. Hope you love it as much as I do.
- Approximately 3 pounds of red potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 – 8 Tablespoons white vinegar (totally a judgement issues)
- Mayo (NEVER MIRACLE WHIP)
- Yellow mustard
- Green Onions – 4 or so finely chopped
- Celery – approximately 4 stalks split down the middle and chopped
- Bacon (optional)
- Olives (optional)
- Hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 Creamy Spicy Dip
- Boil the red potatoes ONLY until a sharp knife just makes it max of 1/2 way into potato
- Strain potatoes and drizzle 4 – 5 Tablespoons of white vinegar while potatoes are in strainer cooling
- Gently toss (I mean gently or you will end up with vinegar mashed potatoes)
- Once cooled, place potatoes in large mixing bowl
- Place potatoes in large mixing bowl.
- Throw enough Mayo in to cover all cubes and mix – Don’t overthrow – can always add
- Once all cubes are covered, throw in the celery & green onions and gently mix
- After mixing all together check to see if you need more celery or green onion
- Once ready, squirt yellow mustard being cautious not to over squirt. Stir and taste
- Now is the time to add anything extra of the optionals noted or your own
- HERE IS THE COUP DE GRAS that makes this so incredibly tasty and unique
- Throw in 1/2 of the Creamy Spicy Dip recipe and stir.
- Let sit for 2-3 hours or even overnight. AMAZING!
- Layer sliced hard boiled eggs on top
- Understand that the potatoes are made up of a lot of water and will soak up a lot of your condiments so you may have to add, toss, taste and perfect!
ANYWAY YOU WANT IT TIPS: This is one of my new favorites. You can always leave out the Creamy Spicy Dip, but if you are adventurous, may be worth trying it.